Thursday, February 23, 2012

TV Stinks


I am in the process of trying to convince my family to get rid of  "the cable".  I despise commercials and dislike everything about what is currently spoon fed to us, the drooling, reality TV watching masses.  Well, almost everything.....Beyond documentaries and educational programming, there  is still some original, quality entertainment on TV that I didn't think even existed anymore. Here are three of my favorites...The best part is that two of the shows are on PBS so you don't have to suffer through commercials. Actually I stream these on my iPad so commercials aren't really an  issue anyway. 


Get to PBS right now and get hooked on this compulsively watchable series. The second season just ended but you can watch them all online on PBS. Start at Series 1 Episode 1 and watch them all.  An unbelievably tasty show, this British period drama has an amazing cast  and has just entered the Guinness Book of World Records as the most "critically acclaimed English language  TV show for the year".  The unbelievable  Shirley MacLaine is joining the cast for season 3...Can't wait!


Another PBS show that should not be missed.  This quirky and hilarious series is set in a stunning British seaside village and stars Doc Martin, a surgeon with an aversion to blood.  It's been out for several years now but a client of mine recently turned me onto it and I quickly became obsessed.  It's produced every two years so you have plenty of time to catch up on series 1-5 on Hulu or Netflix.   Season 6 is expected  in 2013. 

I DVR this show so that I don't have to deal witch commercials....Tuesdays on NBC.  You can watch it online as well.  It touches upon every aspect of family that you can imagine, and each episode makes me laugh AND cry, and the guys are hot too. 

Do you watch any of these shows?  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Elaine..I do have a dirty habit with Bravo TV thatI must end :) I've heard tons about Downton Abbey and can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin