Sunday, March 4, 2012

Colors & Textures of Hawaii

Wherever I go I am constanly aware of the color and textures around me.  From the Brimfield fleamarket, to the granite hills of Vermont,  through the smallest of  New England villages. I find myself careening off of the road as I crane my neck to catch a glimpse of the beautiful scenery that is all around me.  On a recent family holiday in Hawaii, it was easy to be overwhelmed by the surrounding beauty.  Not just pretty flowers, but the color of lichen on lava flows millions of years old, or oddly shaped sea creatures that we could not name...Black bamboo, banana bunches and bark and shadows in the grass. Compositions were easy to come by and I did not even need to edit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin